In the past travellers to Kenya were able to purchase the tourist visa (which is required for entry) upon arrival into Nairobi or Mombassa airports. As of July 2nd, 2015 the rules have changed. Travellers to Kenya are now required to have an eVisa before arriving.
Travellers entering Kenya, especially for those who book last minute holidays, will want to know that the processing time for the new eVisa can take up to one week.
Q. Do I need a visa to visit Kenya?
A. Visit e-Citizen to confirm
Q. Where do I go to issue a visa for my upcoming trip to Kenya?
A. Visit www.ecitizen.go.ke
Q. What happens if I do not get my visa before I travel?
A. Immigration officers can decline your entry to the county without the proper eVisa. Travel insurance is always recommended.
Q. How do I apply for the new eVisa for Kenya?
A. Follow these steps;
1. Visit www.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Select EVisa Tab then Create a New Account for first time visitors (or sign in if you already have an account)
3. Once logged in to eCitizen Dashboard, Select Department of Immigration services - Get Service.
4. Select "make an application"
5. Select Kenyan Visa
6. Select the type of Visa (normally Single Entry Visa) and read the instructions carefully
7. Fill in the application form
8. Pay using Visa Card, MasterCard and other debit cards
9. Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
10. Present your printed eVisa to the immigration office at the port of entry.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SINGLE JOURNEY VISA
- Valid travel document not less than six months.
- Complete visa application form.
- At least One Blank page in the holders passport.
- Return ticket.
- Visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- All Visa Applications attract a $1 Service Charge.
- A visa to Kenya once approved and issued is valid for travel within 3 months.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The possession of a visa is not the final authority to enter the Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
- Please note that a visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
- Please Note Children sixteen(16) year and Below are exempted from visa payment and are not expected to make visa application.
- In the event of lapse during payment please do not re-apply, contact the administrator on email@example.com.
- HOLDERS OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS(NOT A NATIONAL PASSPORT) SHOULD NOT MAKE EVISA APPLICATIONS, THEY SHOULD APPLY TO THE DIRECTOR OF IMMIGRATION SERVICES THROUGH THE NEAREST KENYA MISSION.
Thinking about booking a trip to East Africa, contact Amanda to start planning.